Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Finalizing Things...

After running lots of logistics my grandmother, Weezie, will be seeing me off on my journey, or at least from the Springer Mountain parking lot. Depending on the road conditions she may even be hiking a mile or two from Springer Mountain. We will meet at the Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega, Georgia on the night of the February 28th. She is spending the month of February in the Florida panhandle so it's just three hour detour, as she returns to her home in Madison, Wisconsin. I'm very excited to spend this special day with her!

This past Saturday at the Section 8 Chicago, Annual General Meeting, I made my official announcement about hiking the AT to raise money and awareness for the Chicago Fire Foundation, the charitable arm of the Chicago Fire Soccer Club. I spoke with many Fire fans and Front Office staff after the meeting -- all of them gave we words of encouragement and wished me good luck. Hopefully the donation page on the Section 8 Store, will be up and running very soon, so we can start raising money for the Foundation.

My last piece of gear, wool long johns, are on their way to me. No more gear purchases need to be made!!

It's 29 days before I have my boots (well, trail shoes) on the ground in Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment