Monday, March 5, 2012

Chello from the AT!

Springer Mountain the Southern Terminus of the Appalachian Trail.                         

Hey all! I'm doing my first resupply in Hiawassee, GA today -- will head back to the AT later today. Tomorrow I will make it into North Carolina. It's very difficult to upload photos on a public library computer. I hope to uploads many more in a few days from Franklin, North Carolina. I'm feeling good and looking forward to more hiking. So far I'm averaging about 11 miles a day : ) I am so thankful the support I've been shown over the last few weeks.

Hawk Mountain Shelter, first night on the AT.


Met my friend Bob on March 4 at Unicoi Gap and hiked to Tray Mountain.He brought us Mountain Dews and all kinds of snacks, thanks Bob!


2 comments:

  1. Can you see Maine yet? =)

    -- Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe Matt!! I am thinking of your adventure often--I am jealous!!
    Keep moving! =)

    Winker

    ReplyDelete