Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day One Report

Hello to all!

Today (technically yesterday) I spoke briefly with Matt both before and after his daily hike. His Grandmother, Weezie, happened to be in the area and sent him off on his voyage. He make it to his goal shelter site, Hawk Mountain. Although the site is only about 8.1 miles down the trail, he really ended up hiking closer to 10 miles today because of the trail to the starting destination. 

When I was talking to him earlier this evening he said that the forecast called for rain, but as of right now it appears to be calm.



Hopefully I will have more information to share with you all tomorrow. Only a few more days until Matt can make his return to the inter-webs! 

If you have any questions for him or for me people leave the in the comment section, and we will do our best to get those answered as soon as possible. 


----
Thanks for reading!
-Intern Shelby.



Where's Matt?
Hawk Mountain Shelter-- Chattahoochee National Forest, GA
Milage: 8.1

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt - my parents saw the article about your hike in The Hawkeye and pointed it out to me. I thru-hiked last year, Apr 10 to Sep 11. I'm wishing you luck. I'll be re-living all my experiences while reading your blog. Sounds like you're almost past Neels Gap. It's nice leaving Blood Mountain behind you (despite the view), 'cause once you're North of Neels Gap you're past the bear problems 'till the Smokies. Speaking of the Smokies, hope you stay warm and luck out with the weather - I think you're crazy for starting this early, but HYOH as always.

    Wish I was out there with you.

    ReplyDelete